Friday, September 7, 2012

The Adventure Begins!

I'm at the airport right now waiting to board the plane! My flight leaves in less than an hour. I finished packing pretty early last night (by 10 I was done with everything) so I painted my nails. Lol. Ta-da! I'm not very good but the stickers make it pretty easy. I bought them in Japan when I went in January. Anyway, it was a good distraction from my stress/excitement about leaving. I went to bed around 12 and woke up at 6:30 so I got some sleep too.


This morning I pretty much jumped out of bed. After I showered, I didn't have much left to do so I was ready with plenty of time. I said goodbye to my doggies :( Maya was pretty wound up, so I think she had an idea that I was leaving. Farley was pretty clueless. It was nice to have some time to say goodbye to them.
My luggage. I tried to pack lightly but didn't really succeed lol. I did pack compactly though. My suitcase is 35 pounds and its not that big! The duffel bag is only 10 pounds (it has some bulky shoes and sweaters). My backpack is 20 lbs! Holy crap I don't even know how that happened lol. I have my laptop, a Japanese book, some toiletries, etc. in it. Even my purse is full. And I had nowhere to put my travel pillow so I clipped it to my purse. Lol. I think I'm going to have to pay a little bit for my bags at Japan Airlines for my flight from Tokyo to Osaka because they are just over the limit of 20 kg (together). But you pay per kilogram, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm a bit worried about my backpack though! It's really wide... I didn't measure it. Hopefully they won't either. 

The airport has been surprisingly quiet so far. I barely had to wait to check in for Korean Air and had no wait at all for security. Apparently I have a membership thing with Korean Airlines too lol. I'm pretty sure I signed up accidentally. That's cool though, I can get miles now. No tears so far, from me or my family! It still doesn't quite feel real. Maybe on the plane it will. Or when I land in Tokyo. Lol.

I'm pretty stoked though! When I land in Osaka I am going straight to my friend's bar. I met them through Couchsurfing when I went to Japan in January. They are such cool people and the bar has amazing decor and ambiance. (It's called Nocosarejima and it's in the Shinsekai area of Osaka, right near Tsutenkaku Tower). They were so kind to me last time and really treated me like family, so it's great to be staying with them (at their guesthouse) rather than alone at a hotel. Maybe I'll even work in their bar again. It was quite fun last time!

Only about 20 minutes to boarding now! It's still fairly quiet at the gate... I'm surprised! I have a long "day" of travel ahead so I just hope everything goes smoothly. So happy though!

1 comment:

Please let me know what you think of this entry!